RSG ensures that backup of operating system, database and application is performed as per customer policies. This is done by monitoring and enhancing the performance of scheduled backups, schedule regular testing of backups and ensure adherence to related retention policies.
It is also critical to ensure prompt execution of on‐demand backups of volumes, files and database applications whenever required by customer or in case of upgrades and configuration changes to the system. RSG does real‐time monitoring, log maintenance and reporting of backup status on a regular basis ensuring prompt problem resolution in case of failures in the backup processes.
It also undertakes media management tasks, including, but not limited to, tagging, cross‐referencing, storing, logging, testing, and vaulting in fire proof cabinets (onsite and offsite).
Performance tuning is the improvement of system performance. This is typically a computer application, but the same methods can be applied to economic markets, bureaucracies or other complex systems. The motivation for such activity is called a performance problem, which can be real or anticipated.
Most systems will respond to increased load with some degree of decreasing performance. A system’s ability to accept higher load is called scalability, and modifying a system to handle a higher load is synonymous to performance tuning.
- Assess the problem and establish numeric values that categorize acceptable behavior.
- Measure the performance of the system before modification.
- Identify the part of the system that is critical for improving the performance. This is called the bottleneck.
- Modify that part of the system to remove the bottleneck.
- Measure the performance of the system after modification